For rescues please call Wildcare Inc NT on 08 89 886 121.
Please note: treatment is provided free through the generosity of donors and sponsors.
Wildlife First Aid:
- check for danger to yourself and those around you
- check for further danger or injury to the animal
- ensure the animal actually needs rescuing!
- minimise noise
- minimise handling and stress
- keep pets and children away from wildlife
- do not offer wildlife food, especially not cow’s milk!
- move road kill at least 10m off the road
- check dead kangaroo and possum pouches for joeys
- contact us as soon as possible (or your local wildlife rescue organisation if you are not in the Darwin area)
- remember your safety always comes first!
Unfortunately we are unable to come to you to collect injured wildlife. We can however advise you on the best way to capture and transport an injured animal or bird to our clinic for treatment. In addition to our main opening hours we provide a 24 hour on call emergency service and advice for native wildlife.
Who is Ark Aid – Wildlife Rescue Darwin?
Ark Aid (as seen on TV’s Outback Wildlife Rescue) is a non-profit organisation which provides emergency treatment and care for sick and injured native Australian wildlife in the Darwin region of the Northern Territory.
How is it supported?
Wildlife Rescue Darwin’s services are proudly provided by the non-profit organisation Ark Aid. Our services are provided at no cost to the community through the generosity of the sponsors and donations. Please support us by making a donation or becoming a sponsor!
Want to know more about our service, please visit our website www.wildlifedarwin.org.au