Our vet clinic has a special interest in exotic pets such as reptiles and snakes.
At The Ark Animal Hospital we love to see all animals including reptiles, snakes, turtles and lizards. Some of veterinarians and veterinary nurses have a few of them as pets and several are certified snake handler. We expertly treat snakes, lizards, turtles, and other reptiles.
Why choose us to be your reptile vet?
- We’ve treated everything from geckos, to oenpelli pythons to inland taipans to boa constrictors.
- We care about all species of reptiles and are experienced in treating them. We treat both them and their owners with respect.
- We keep and care for a wide range of reptiles ourselves so we know what we are talking about.
- We have two vets and three nurses who are certified in Venomous Snake Handling
If you don’t feel your normal vet is comfortable treating these species we are happy to help.
Veterinary Service for your snake, turtle, lizard
- General health check-ups including dietary or housing recommendations
- Soft tissue and orthapaedic surgery.
- Behaviour analysis and discussion
- Advanced diagnostic imaging (x-rays etc). Our xray is capable of making clear images of even the tiniest of pets.
- Complete Parasite control – reptile mites, ticks and worms.
- Sunshine Virus testing.
You can find more information in our fact sheet area
Charity work for native reptiles
Our charity Ark Aid Inc. offers free veterinary service for native wildlife including all reptiles. One of the most common injuries we see are dog attacks in native snakes which often require surgery.